1. Make savings a priority. Each time you’re paid, put a portion of it toward savings. Saving money is a good habit no matter how much or how little you put away each month.
2. Automate your savings. Most financial institutions allow you to automatically transfer funds online or via mobile apps from deposit to savings accounts.
3. Find money to save. Keep track of everything you spend for a week – you’ll be surprised where the money goes. Adjust your spending habits a little and suddenly, you’re saving.
4. Keep the change. Some retailers or financial institutions allow you to save the difference or “round up” between your expense and the next dollar amount.
5. Cancel extra costs. Check to see if you have any old subscriptions that you’re not using anymore – whether it’s to a gym, magazine, or streaming service that you no longer use. Many services that you may no longer want could be costing you money that you could otherwise save. Be realistic about how much you are using what you pay for each month.